Terms and Conditions
Please read the following carefully
- The information, data and material on the Online Permit Application & Licensing System (hereafter referred to as OPAL). OPAL is used for the purpose of issuing permits on behalf on the Department of the Environment for the import or export of scrap metal, used tires, lead acid batteries, OSD/halogenated gases, refrigeration/ air conditioning equipments and petroleum products.
- By accessing the OPAL and providing the required personal information, you consent to OPAL collection, use of your personal information for the purpose above.
- Any personal information that you provide through the OPAL is collected for the DOE. We only collect personal information, including your name, address, and telephone number and social security number, that is necessary for approving and issuing permits that you apply for and the information you provide will only be used for this purpose.
- The user is responsible for assessing the accuracy and reliability of information on the OPAL himself or herself.
- There is no warranty, guarantee or representation that OPAL will function without error, failure or interruption.
- The user will be required to make payment of the required fees at any Belize Treasury or sub Treasury Departments before applying for a permit.
- The DOE is not responsible for the misuse of a user account. Therefore, the use of user account password is the SOLE responsibility of the user.
- The DOE reserves the right to deny access and/or close accounts on system in situations where false information is submitted or misuse of the system is proven.
If you have any questions about the handling of your personal information contact the DOE at +(501) 802-2542